I attempt to keep track of media appearances and place them here.
- SkySQL in the Korean market (local copy), December 4th 2011 - Interviewed alongside Daniel Saito about SkySQL, MariaDB and the Korean market.
- MariaDB: The New M in LAMP (video), November 2011 - Presented at T-DOSE, an opensource conference in Eindhoven, Netherlands.
- A beginner's guide to MariaDB (video), May 2011 - Presented at OpenSQLCamp Sardinia 2011.
- Astro Awani Gadget Nation on Location sharing apps (video), April 29th 2011 - Interviewed with Adam Carruthers the show host about location sharing applications. This appeared on Astro Awani channel 501.
- In 1 Malaysia email, fears of a privacy breach (local copy), April 22nd 2011 - Interviewed in The malaysian Insider on the 1Malaysia email project
- Experts doubtful of 1 Malaysia e-mail security (local copy) - April 20th 2011 - a blurb in The Malaysian Insider about the 1Malaysia email program.
- BFM TechTalk: Open Source Addict: Colin Charles (local copy (audio)), April 7th 2011, BFM 89.9 radio - Interview on the radio station.
- Colin Charles, Chief Evangelist & judge for Echelon 2011 on The Leaderonomics Show, April 2011 - an interview with Leaderonomics about entrepreneurship, as part of being a judge for Echelon 2011.
Hiatus, as MySQL AB & Sun Microsystems had their own PR departments and all my energy was poured into MySQL.
- Unfazed, IBM pumps Power chip program, June 9th 2005, CNET News.com - So Apple ditched IBM's PowerPC for Intel. We just released a Fedora Core 4 Mac port. How's that for fun?
- Highlights: Knowing the difference in PDA operating systems, March 3rd 2005, Computimes - A bit about familar.org's handheld distribution and why Linux on your iPaq is cool
- Red Hat tries again with Linux enthusiasts, January 13th 2005, CNET News.com - A bit about how Red Hat is interacting with developers, CVS, FUDCon, and the Fedora PPC port as at the current state.
- Fedora Status Report, December 2004, Red Hat Magazine - An interview with me, touching about what I've been up to.
- New Fedora Core Big on Community, November 8th 2004, Internetnews - Comments on why I thought Fedora Core 3 was our best release since.
- Red Hat founder's new project helps fund open source development, November 1st 2004, DesktopLinux.com - Here I have some comments on why boxed sets work. This includes the press release that is at the bottom, which made it to quite the few news sites.
- PC.com: Cover Story: Free, Open and Powerful, June 2004, PC.com Magazine - Mainly an overview of OpenOffice.org, with a few comments from me.
- Linux and affordable PCs - Gemilang offers more than you think, March 23th 2004, InTech (The Star) - The Start Box - This was a press release that eventually became an article, about what's cool in Fedora Core 1 and what we'll be including with the PC Gemilang PCs.
- Power Breakfast #43, December 26th 2003, Cyberjaya.tv - OpenOffice.org and how it can do Malaysia some good. The online forum for questions & answers.
- Can Linux kick butt?, December 21st 2003, Singapore Straits Times - Why is Linux not as popular as Microsoft?
- More local schools to get OpenOffice, December 19th 2003, The Star - On the OOo in Education push in Malaysia.
- Free software inside, October 12th 2003, Singapore Straits Times - On "freeware" and open source stuff.
- Lelong, lelong... OpenOffice CDs going cheap, August 15th 2003, Star TechCentral - OpenOffice.org 1.1 RC3 CD's got sold...