Here are some interesting upcoming events that I’d like to go to. You might like to as well.
Updated: (15/09/2011) – Added BFM enterprise breakaway as well as Google’s DevFest that I seemed to have missed initially.
- When: Thursday, September 15 2011, 6-10pm
- Where: Wings Musiccafe @ Times Walk KL (details)
- Happening for the first time, I met the very enthusiastic organiser yesterday and I think he’s all about building the MeeGo community in Malaysia. He’s big on opensource and big on pushing MeeGo forward, so I think the meetup should be quite interesting. Sign up via the Facebook event page. And keep up-to-date with the MeeGo Malaysia Region page.
- Cost: RM38 for the buffet
- When: Thursday, September 22 2011, 9am-6pm
- Where: Sime Darby Convention Centre
- This is the first of its kind, an event I was supposed to speak at (or be on a panel), but couldn’t due to scheduling conflicts. Looks like a great line-up and its by the popular business radio station in KL. If you’re into startups and entrepreneurship, this is the place to be. Go!
- Cost: RM149 (cheaper for groups or if you have an affiliate code)
- When: Wednesday, September 28 2011, 7-10pm
- Where: MindValley, Menara UOA Bangsar, KL (details)
- Monthly gathering of all people into Web. Probably one of the most active communities of web-heads in Malaysia, the WebCamp KL group is also a must-join. Topics vary monthly, but there is always interesting learning plus great conversations. Food & drink afterwards for quite the few.
- Cost: FREE, BYO cups for drinks
- When: Thursday, September 29 2011, 9am-7pm
- Where: TBA, somewhere in KL
- Google is back with an amazing lineup. The Android Market is open in this region so there’s an appropriate talk, and HTML5 is all the rage so you’ll learn a tonne here. This isn’t only for developers — I think people into analytics will enjoy some sessions tremendously.
- Cost: FREE, be sure to register first (while available)
- When: Saturday, October 1 2011, 10am-4pm
- Where: iTrain, Megan Avenue 1, Jln Tun Razak, KL (details)
- This has happened before and its fun, highly technical, and all attendees are encouraged to share a topic. 20-25 minute sessions, it should be very interesting.
- Cost: FREE
- When: Thursday, September 15 2011, 7.30pm
- Where: Cable Car, Cuppage Plaza, Singapore (details)
- I’ve been to Beercamp before in Bangkok and it is an amazing event. Its just about people, connections and chatting over a social environment (and beer). There’s a mailing list which you should join for future meetup notifications, plus discussion.
- Cost: FREE, buy your own beverage