Its been a while since I’ve blogged (will have to catch up soon), but here’s a few appearances:
- How we use MySQL today – April 10 2017 – New York MySQL meetup. I am almost certain this will be very interesting with the diversity of speakers and topics.
- Percona Live 2017 – April 24-27 2017 – Santa Clara, California. This is going to be huge, as its expanded beyond just MySQL to include MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and other open source databases. Might even be the conference with the largest time series track out there. Use code COLIN30 for the best discount at registration.
I will also be in attendance at the MariaDB Developer’s (Un)Conference, and M|17 that follows.
I have a few speaking engagements coming up in April 2016, and I hope to see you at some of these events. I’m always available to talk shop (opensource, MariaDB Server, MySQL, etc.) so looking forward to saying hi.
- A short talk at the MariaDB Berlin Meetup on April 12 2016 – this should be fun if you’re in Berlin as you’ll see many people from the MariaDB Server and MariaDB MaxScale world talk about what they’re doing for the next releases.
- rootconf.in – April 14-15 2016, tutorial day on 16 – I’ve not been to India since about 2011, so I’m looking forward to this trip to Bangalore (and my first time to a HasGeek event). Getting the email from the conference chair was very nice, and I believe I’m giving a keynote and a tutorial.
- Percona Live Data Performance Conference 2016 – April 18-21 2016 – this is obviously the event for the MySQL ecosystem, and I’m happy to state that I’m giving a tutorial and a talk at this event.
- Open Source Data Centre Conference – April 26-28 2016 – Its been a few years since I’ve been here, but I’m looking forward to presenting to the audience again.
There’s some prep work for some internal presentations and tutorials that I’ll be running in Berlin at the company meeting as well.
May is quickly shaping up to be a month filled with activity in the MySQL/MariaDB space. Just a quick note to talk about where I’ll be; looking forward to meet folk to talk shop.
- The London MySQL Meetup Group – May 13 2015 – organized by former colleague & friend Ivan Zoratti, we will be doing a wrap up of recent announcements at Percona Live Santa Clara, and I’ll be showing off some of the spiffy new features we are building into MariaDB 10.
- MariaDB Roadshow London – May 19 2015 – I’m going to give an overview of our roadmap, and there will be many excellent talks by colleagues there. I believe MariaDB Corporation CEO Patrik Sallner and Stu Schmidt, President at Zend will also be there. Should be a fun filled day.
- Internet Society (ISOC) Hong Kong World Internet Developer Summit – May 21-22 2015 – I’ll be giving a keynote about MariaDB and how we are trying to make it important Internet infrastructure as well as making it developer friendly.
- O’Reilly Velocity 2015 – May 27-29 2015 – I will in 90 minutes attempt to give a tutorial to attendees (over a 100 have already pre-registered) an overview of MySQL High Availability options and what their choices are in 2015. Expect a lot of talk on replication improvements from both MySQL & MariaDB, Galera Cluster, as well as tools around the ecosystem.