MySQL Conference: Radar interview, “mini-tutorials”
A few notes about the MySQL Conference & Expo 2010.
- Check out the schedule. Its more packed than you can imagine. You’re going to want to be in many places at once, by the looks of it.
- O’Reilly Radar has an interview with Ronald Bradford: MySQL migration and risk management. You’ll get a teaser as to Ronald’s thoughts, and a bit of information about his two talks at the conference on migrating from Oracle to MySQL. He has swanky titles for them: Ignition and Liftoff! Expect a lot of technical meat in both these talks…
- The idea of “mini-tutorials”. Some talks take longer than 45 minutes to deliver, so why not have 90 minute sessions? Ronald’s is a good example of this, though it’s spread over 2 days. We have more:
- Don Beesing and John Powell talking on Where it’s at: GeoSpatial MySQL Part 1 and Part 2.
- Tobias Asplund and Konstantin Osipov will talk about everything stored procedures in their 2 part series.
- Peter Zaitsev will speak about InnoDB Architecture and Performance Optimization and the complementary Part 2.
- And if you’re interested in Gearman, there’s a spread over the three days, about it! Join Giuseppe Maxia and Eric Day to run you through: Getting Started with Gearman for MySQL, followed by Boosting Database Performance with Gearman and finally Gearman MySQL Hacks, or Everything You Wanted to Do with a Database Server and You Never Dared to Hope.