Best kind of Internet company
“Its like a magazine. (Evan Williams) is getting you guys to do all the work. Philip Kaplan once told me that the best kind of Internet company is one where everyone else does the content, you just sit there and collect the money.” – Leo Laporte on Medium.
Makes you think a lot about Twitter. Facebook. Medium. Instagram. You’re creating the content. Someone else is making money out of it. No one seems to care. It’s time to diet.
Quote from This Week in Google #180.
- Information diets and media biases
- The Social Media Page Craze: Google+, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Jurisdiction, Internet law & alvivi
- Keeping the (content on the) Internet relevant
- My take on Rocket Internet