Bloggers face draconian anti-terrorism laws in Malaysia
Disgusting. What will they think of next? (for context, read See you in hell Muhamad son of Muhamad) Using draconian anti-terrorism laws against those insulting Islam (a religion, supposedly official for Malaysia) or the country’s very much figure-head of a King.
How is this not strangling freedom on the Internet? How can he (Raja Petra) have crossed the line in making racist remarks, when we have ministers wielding daggers or parliament house used as a slaughter-house for sixteen cows & goats?
The ISA was something formed to use against the communists, something I believe Malaysia has not had in a long time. It was misused by the former recalcitrant Prime Minister, Dr. Mahathir, during his lengthy tenure. And it looks like its making a comeback, against bloggers. It seems that “This is to put a stop to the freedom to lie in the blogosphere” – anyone reading should also note that Malaysia lacks press freedom, and all print media is a tool for the government of the day, controlled by the Ministry of Propaganda.
- Malaysia stops censoring bloggers
- Malaysia starts censoring bloggers
- Blogger registration, or becoming an international laughing stock?
- Malaysian censorship doesn’t cross borders but what if you’re a Malaysian startup?
- Malaysia: Bloggers, the law, NEP, Digg copycats, a new Linux distribution – Chevna