Its a storage engine world, after all…
While Zack covered the storage engine and appliances sessions pretty well, I feel he’s missed out on a few important new engines (or engine related talks):
- DDEngine will be represented, speaking about Automated data versioning with a storage engine
- Long time MySQL Community Member Beat Vontobel, will be presenting on the SeqEngine, in Solving Common SQL Problems with the SeqEngine
- Kazuho Oku, from Cybozu Labs in Japan, will be talking about Q4M, a queuing engine for MySQL. Mixi.jp uses it for their Twitter like service, so I’d advice you to go take a gander at Using Q4M: A Message Queue storage engine
- While we all know PrimeBase for giving us PBXT (and Paul will give a talk about the PBXT engine), lets not forget that they also have a BLOB streaming engine available. Go see Barry Leslie, talk about BLOB Streaming: Efficient Reliable BLOB handling for all storage engines
- Another engine out of Japan, the SPIDER storage engine – go see the talk titled SPIDE Storage Engine: Database Sharding by Storage Engine
Lots of storage engine talks, no? Well, there are even related tutorials, so if storage engines catch your fancy, check out the storage engine talks in the schedule.
A few other picks: Monty talking about Maria will definitely be a crowd puller, as well as Kevin Lewis talking about the Falcon storage engine. You might also find that the architecture of ScaleDB interesting. And don’t forget the myriad of talks that are InnoDB related. Read: People are Talkin’ … about InnoDB, Talk,Talk, Talk: Innobase Speaks, and … and Who Could Forget Mark Callaghan?.