Its been a while since I’ve blogged (will have to catch up soon), but here’s a few appearances:
- How we use MySQL today – April 10 2017 – New York MySQL meetup. I am almost certain this will be very interesting with the diversity of speakers and topics.
- Percona Live 2017 – April 24-27 2017 – Santa Clara, California. This is going to be huge, as its expanded beyond just MySQL to include MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and other open source databases. Might even be the conference with the largest time series track out there. Use code COLIN30 for the best discount at registration.
I will also be in attendance at the MariaDB Developer’s (Un)Conference, and M|17 that follows.
I have a few upcoming speaking engagements in June 2016:
- Nerdear.la – June 9-10 2016 – Buenos Aires, Argentina – never been to this event but MariaDB Corporation are sponsors and I’m quite excited to be back in Buenos Aires. I’m going to talk about the MySQL ecosystem in 2016.
- SouthEast LinuxFest – June 10-12 2016 – Charlotte, NC, USA – I have a few talks here, a bit bummed that I’m going to be missing the speaker dinner, but I expect this to be another great year. Learn about MariaDB Server/MySQL Security Essentials, the MySQL ecosystem in 2016, and about distributions from the view of a package.
- NYC MySQL Meetup – June 27 2016 – New York, USA – I’m going to give a talk on lessons you can learn from other people’s database failures. I did this at rootconf.in, and it was well received so I’m quite excited to give this again.
- Community Open House for MongoDB – June 30 2016 – New York, USA – I’m going to give my first MongoDB talk at the Community Open House for MongoDB – My First Moments with MongoDB, from the view of someone who’s been using MySQL for a very long time.
So if you’re in Buenos Aires, Charlotte or New York, I’m looking forward to seeing you to talk all things databases and open source.